Location: Albright Health Center 246
Email Address: email@example.com
Web Address: http://alliedhealth.nku.edu
Department Chair: Olu Ekundayo
Other Key Personnel:
Program Director, Bachelor of Science in Health Science: Shannon Alexander
Program Director, Radiologic Science: Trina Koscielicki
Program Director, Respiratory Care: Thomas Baxter
Academic Advisor: Dyane Foltz
Full-Time Faculty: Shannon Alexander, Jason Applegate, Thomas Baxter, Diane Gronefeld, Debra Kasel, Fran Knox Kazimierczuk, Trina Koscielicki, Karen Leek, Debbie Patten
What we are: The Department of Allied Health offers dynamic, flexible, and competency driven clinical, non-clinical and completion programs.
- Health Science, B.S. (BSHS) - two tracks:
- Degree completion - accelerated, fully online
- Respiratory Care, B.S. (BSRC) - two tracks
- Clinical - small, inter-professional, face to face with state of the art simulation, laboratory facilities and clinical placement,
- Degree Completion - 100% On-Line for those already certified as Respiratory Care Practitioner/Therapist with an Associate Degree in Respiratory Care
- Radiologic Science, B.S. (BSRS) - small, inter-professional face to face with state of the art simulation, laboratory facilities and clinical placement,
- Certificate in Clinical Trial Management
What we do: Our programs offer students personalized attention through:
- Dynamic, flexible, online accelerated, and small face to face classes,
- Completion programs,
- State of the art simulation and laboratory facilities,
- Advising, and
- Dedicated faculty focused on student success.
Who we serve: The programs are designed to meet the needs of
- The student who seeks to be a part of the exciting health care team as a professional,
- The student who is trying to determine their life trajectory,
- Professionals who are already in the health care professions, seeking professional development and transformation into other professions, and
- Those seeking to enhance their prospects in the health care workplace.
- A degree from our programs enables students to easily transition to an advanced degree.
- Students in our Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (JCERT) accredited Radiologic Science, and Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC) accredited Respiratory Care programs have the opportunity for a strong clinical education through state of the art simulation, laboratory experiences, and clinical site placements. They also have other opportunities to connect with employers for possible job placement. In addition, they are qualified to sit for the ARRT and CRT/RRT professional examinations respectively.
- Students within our Baccalaureate of Health Science programs have the opportunity to transition into other fields within health care, or enter into the fields of health education, healthcare administration and management, as well as public health. Students also have the opportunity to learn in high quality, accelerated programs
- Our Clinical Trials Certificate program helps clinical and non-clinical professionals transition into health care clinical research as Clinical Research Coordinators (CRO) and Managers (CRM), and starts them on the road to sit for CCRP, CCRA certifications.
Student Activity Opportunities:
Allied Health students have opportunities to become members of the Respiratory Care Students’ Club, Radiologic Science Students’ Club, College of Health Professions Student Ambassadors, African American Student Support Group, Student Advisory Board, the Kentucky Society of Radiologic Technologists (KSRT), Ohio Society of Radiologic Technologists (OSRT), and American Society of Radiologic Technologists (ASRT) - Student Sections. Students have exposure to service-learning and student leadership opportunities at the National level.
The Department of Allied Health fully complies with all the policies of the College of Health professions and Northern Kentucky University.
The Department of Allied Health takes special pride in producing graduates who go on to become successful leaders in their careers as inheritors of a tradition of excellence in caring at all levels.
The radiologic science program is accredited by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (JRCERT).
Contact the JRCERT:
Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology
20 N. Wacker Drive, Suite 2850
Chicago, IL 60606-3182
Phone: (312) 704-5300
Fax: (312) 704-5304
The respiratory care program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (COARC).
Contact the COARC:
Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care
1248 Harwood Road
Bedford, TX 76021-4244
Fax: 817-354-8519 (paper fax) or 817-510-1063 (fax to email)