Marius Truta, Department Chair
TBD, Graduate Program Director
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The Health Informatics program offers a Certificate in Health Informatics as a graduate-level certificate. Students must have completed a bachelor’s degree to qualify for the program. The certificate program consists of 18 credits (6 courses) taken from within the core courses for the Masters of Science in Health Informatics. Students are required to take MHI 600 Introduction to Healthcare Operations, MHI 601 Technical Foundations of Health Informatics, and MHI 625 IS in Healthcare Organizations (or MBI 625), then select three courses from the remaining elective or core MHI courses in order to fulfill the certificate requirements.
Prospective students must:
- Hold a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution and meet at least one of the following admission criteria:
- An overall minimum undergraduate GPA of 2.5,
- A minimum 2.5 GPA for the last 60 credit hours of the undergraduate degree,
- Completed a prior graduate degree with at least a 3.0 GPA
- A carefully drafted statement about your personal interests, career goals, and relevant background experience.
- A statement addressing your proficiencies in the use of computer technologies.
If certificate holders apply to the Master of Science in Health Informatics program, they must meet all MHI admission criteria to be admitted.
♦ Indicates prerequisite.