Aug 16, 2022
Ginger Blackwell, Ed.D., Graduate Program Director
The Director of Pupil Personnel (DPP) graduate non-degree seeking certification only program. The program is approved by the Kentucky Education Professional Standards Board to recommend qualified completers for DPP certification. The DPP consists of twelve hours (12) of required coursework. Six (6) hours are required courses and six (6) hours are selected, from a pre-approved list of courses, in consultation with the leadership director.
Educational Leadership Graduate Office - MEP 295
firstname.lastname@example.org or 859- 572-7892
- Application to NKU as a graduate student and application fee (application fee waived for former graduates of NKU).
- Master’s degree with a minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- One of the following must have been in educational leadership/administration as a completed program or degree:
- Earned Master’s, Ed.S., or Ed.D. degree.
- Completion of a state approved Rank I or other certification program leading to principal certification.
- Copy of professional teaching certificate showing Rank II or Rank I and principal Level I and II administrative certification.
- Three years of full-time teaching experience.
- Official transcripts for all undergraduate and graduate coursework.
♦ Indicates prerequisite.
Core Courses (6 credit hours)
Directed Electives (6 credit hours)
Collaboratively selected by candidate with educational leadership program director.
Choose Two (2) of the following:
Certifications are not automatic and must be initiated by the student. Forms and processes of application for certification from Kentucky Education Professional Standards Board (KYEPSB) are subject to change. For the most current application forms or processes go to the KYEPSB website (http://www.epsb.ky.gov). Contact the teacher education graduate office for additional information on university recommendations for certification.
No Praxis Exams are required at this time for Director of Pupil Personnel.
* Requirements and passing scores for teacher/educator certification are subject to change. For the most current PRAXIS II testing requirements, go to the Kentucky Education Professional Standards Board website (http://www.epsb.ky.gov) If you are certified/licensed or requesting certification/licensure in another state please check with your licensure board for your state testing regulations.
The certification will be awarded to candidate upon:
- Satisfactory completion of all required coursework with a minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Completion of required coursework used for certificate with a C or higher.
- Satisfactory performance meeting the Interstate School Leaders Licensure Consortium (ISLLC) Standards and Technology Standards for School Administrators (TSSA).
- Signed Codes of Ethics for Kentucky School Personnel and College of Education.
- Signed curriculum contract for the DPP certification.
- A CA-1 form must be submitted to the Kentucky Education Professional Standards Board (KYEPSB) to apply for the certification. Contact the Educational Leadership Graduate Office at email@example.com for questions on certification.