Souren Paul, Ph.D., Department Chair
Toru Sakaguchi, Ph.D., Graduate Program Director
The Master of Science in Business Informatics (MBI) offers a challenging, state-of-the-art education to prepare those who participate or intend to participate at an advanced level in the dynamic field of information technology. The program offers practical, hands-on experience and theoretical discussions of current and future trends in developing information system applications and managing corporate information systems. The program is built on the premise that an information systems manager must be able to:
- Understand the current information technologies.
- Evaluate and adapt new technologies in relation to business needs.
- Comprehend the organizational setting in which these technologies must be implemented.
- Manage information systems as an organizational resource by making critical IS-related decisions and by recruiting and retaining quality information systems personnel.
Office of the MBI Program
The MBI Program is in the College of Informatics located in Griffin Hall Suite 400. For more information call 859-572-6366, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or visit mbi.nku.edu/.
- Official transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate (if applicable) coursework from accredited institutions with a minimum undergraduate overall grade point average (GPA) of 2.50.
- A total score of at least 450 on the GMAT or a combined score of 300 on the Graduate Record Examination (GRE).
- An admissions formula total of at least:
1,000 points based on the formula (200 x GPA on 4.0 scale) + GMAT
1,050 points based on the formula (200 x GPA on 4.0 scale for the last 60 semester hours) + GMAT
Minimum 2.5 GPA and 300 points on the GRE with a minimum of 146 on Quantitative Reasoning and minimum 145 on Verbal Reasoning
The graduate exams can be waived if one of the following conditions is met:
- A previously completed graduate degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- A GPA of 3.5 or better in 4 graduate classes preferably taken in the MBI program through admission to one of our certificate programs.
- Five or more years of work experience in information systems jobs such as project manager, network administrator, programmer, business analyst, etc.
4. Current résumé suggested.
♦ Indicates prerequisite.