Burke Miller, Ph.D., Department Chair
Brian L. Hackett, Ph.D., Graduate Program Director
The Master of Arts in Public History (MAPH) is a flexible program that provides both traditional history educational experiences and opportunities to complete professional methods training in the fields of museum work, historic preservation, historic sites and archives.
Applications for admission can be completed online at http://apply.nku.edu. For maximum consideration, submit all materials by the priority deadline of May 1 for summer sessions, July 1 for the fall semester, and November 1 for the spring semester. If space permits, applications from qualified candidates may be considered after those dates.
Regular Admission to the MAPH
To be considered for regular admission to the MAPH program, applicants will need to complete and submit the following:
- An application for graduate admission to Northern Kentucky University.
- Application fee.
- An official transcript indicating a bachelor’s degree in history or a related field from a regionally accredited institution with a minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale in major area coursework.
- Official transcripts for all undergraduate and graduate work.
- Two letters of reference; please use forms which can be downloaded at this site: http://inside.nku.edu/graduate.
- A letter of intent that clearly articulates your interest in public history and your abilities to pursue graduate level study.
♦ Indicates prerequisite.